Friday, May 7, 2010

Chalk Cloth Tutorial

There are so many fun things you can do with Chalk Cloth! I got home from grocery shopping tonight and decided to make a menu board out of my chalk cloth. No more food going to waste because I forgot what I was going to make with it! Here is a quick tutorial!

I got this frame at DI for $.50. The glass broke before I could do anything with it...which is perfect because I don't need it anyway! Toss out and glass and take out whatever is in the frame.
Photobucket

Take the mat out of the frame. Cut out your chalk cloth about 1" bigger on all sides. Mine is less than that because I already had a piece cut out for a different project...and it worked fine...but I think you will burn your fingers less if you do about an inch!
Photobucket

Use a hot glue gun to glue all the edges to the mat. Pull tight and glue a few inches at a time for a smooth finish.
Photobucket
Turn your mat over and take a the long side of the chalk and write all over your board. This primes your chalk cloth. Use a damp cloth to wipe off all of the chalk and let it dry.
Photobucket

Put your chalk board back in your frame and write out your menu! Now you'll never have to wonder
"What's for Dinner?"
!
Photobucket

If you are wondering where to get chalk cloth. They sell lots of it on Etsy. Or if you are in Utah...just come to my house. I bought quite a few yards of it wholesale and I don't think I'll be using it all!

One more tip...you can iron it! I had some pieces that got quite wrinkly and I was able to iron it on the lowest setting.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin